Since the last update, I have started work on the second character simply because I need to get a move on when it comes to creating the final character models. This character is based around the concept art I did for the main character. These are the low poly models of the character.
I have also taken the model into ZBrush and worked on it to make it higher poly and to add additional detail to it.
So far the modeling process is going well, with the amount of detail in ZBrush having improved since the last model. My only major problem is with the coat. I would like to change some of the ways in which it has been designed simply because of the lack of buttons used to close the thing. This would mean removing on of the pieces of triangular fabric going down the coat.
This is a render of the characters face that I did. I still need to make some improvements like defining her jawline more and adding a few little details such as scars. I am also not too sure about her lips. There is something about them that seem ‘off’ to me. I would also like to add more detail to the characters hair.
I have also finalized the Princes characters model by adding some additional detail to her gloves such as the tape in the original design and added creases to the gloves to make them look more like fabric. I am quite proud of this effort. As a first time character model in ZBrush, I think it looks pretty good.
Something else I have been working on is the designs for the level. I have, up until this point, neglected to do much with the level. So to get started I worked on the level Greybox since I was having a little trouble trying to create a piece of concept art for the level.
I also added lights into the scene to give myself some reference when it comes to creating concept art for the level. So far, the grey box looks alright and can be used in future development to create a much more detailed version of how the level should look.